1. Chill the onion before chopping
Pop it in the freezer for about 30 minutes before cutting it up.
2. Wear glasses
This is the most foolproof way to prevent onion tears.
3. Light a candle nearby
The flame will take away some of the onion fumes that cause tears.
4. Stick a piece of bread in your mouth
The fumes that cause tears will get absorbed by the bread.
5. Cut onions under running water
6. Use a sharp knife
Sharp knives make clean cuts that don’t crush the onion and cause fumes to escape.
7. Cut onions near a fan
This will help to blow the fumes away.
8. Rub lemon juice on the knife before cutting
9. Leave the root of the onion while you cut the other parts
Have a big batch of onions to chop and not looking forward to the crying session ahead? We cry because our eyes are irritated by droplets the onion releases when …Read Full Story