Three cups of blended okazi leaves
Four bunches of water leaves
Ground fresh pepper (preferably yellow pepper)
Smoked red prawns
Prepare all ingredients: boil the meat with stockfish and smoked red prawns; wash and shred the water leaves; soak the okazi leaves in hot water for a few minutes to make tender and then blend to your desired texture. Add just little water while blending.
- Add palm oil and two cooking spoons of ground fresh pepper to the pot containing the meats and stock. Allow the palm oil to melt into the stock.
- Add the periwinkles, if available. Then add the water leaves and stir gently.
- Leave for three minutes to allow the water leaves soften.
- While waiting, add fresh crayfish and fresh prawns, if you are using any.
- Add the blended okazi leaves and the remainder to the pot and stir.
- Now reduce the heat to prevent the water leaves from being over-cooked. Add salt and seasonings and leave for few minutes.
- If the combination looks slightly dry, add a little palm oil. Check the taste.
- After 6 to 10 minutes, the okazi leaves and the rest of the ingredients should have meshed together.
9.The leaves should have also absorbed the water and the soup should appear mushy.
- Serve hot, to be enjoyed with your choice solid meal.