A lecturer at the University of Education - Winneba's Institute of Distance Education, Counsellor Daniel Fenyi, has said that he is not surprised at the outcome of investigations by the Africa Education Watch on the 2020 WASSCE examinations.
Lecturer at the Institute of Distance Education under the University of Education-Winneba, Counsellor Daniel Fenyi, has raised concerns about the 70 percent pass in the core mathematics paper recorded in the 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
• Bashir Hayford is confident of his team's chances against Hearts of Oak• He says Legon Cities are not underdogs and will be out for victory on Thursday• He also commended Hearts for their form
We are ready for Hearts of Oak – Legon Cities coach Bashir Hayford Coach Bashir Hayford, the head coach of Legon Cities are determined to pick up all the available points in their mid-week match against Accra Hearts of Oak.
• The Bank of Ghana (BoG) has directed banks to put an end to charging customers unfairly• But the Bankers Association argued some savings accounts operate like current accounts•The directive is under Section 3 of the Banks and Specialised Deposit-Taking Institutions Act, 2016 (Act 930)
The Ghana Bankers Association has expressed displeasure over the central bank’s directive requesting banks and financial institutions to
• Ernest Tawiah was arrested for attempting to import rifles• He confessed that the guns were meant for personal protection• Ghana's laws are against importation of arms without approval from Interior Ministry
One Ernest Tawiah, an American-based Ghanaian has been arrested by personnel of the Ghana Police Service for attempting to import three sniper rifles into the country.
• Some Ashanti Youth Groups have given Bishop Dag Heward-Mills a 48-hour ultimatum to redeem himself from the attack on Otumfuo• The group has vowed to apply force against the Lighthouse leader if he does not act in a way that pleases them• A Plus has blasted them for not attaching the same importance to issues affecting Kumasi
Musician and activist, Kwame Asare Obeng (A Plus) has chided some youth groups in the Ashanti Regional
• Lee Addy has confirmed that he was close to joining Hearts• He says the club's management dragged their feet and caused the failure of the deal• He has charged them to 'sit up and learn'
Former Ghana defender Lee Addy has hit out at the management of Accra Hearts of Oak over how his botched deal with the club was handled.
• A section of the N1 Highway will experience some traffic disruptions• This is to enable GRIDCo to undertake the final stringing works on power transmission lines• The disruptions to traffic flow will occur from Wednesday June 23 to Thursday June 24, 2021 between 11:00am and 5:00pm
The Ministry of Roads and Roads Highways through the Ghana Highway Authority has served notice to the general public especially motorists on
•Three regions Ashanti, Volta and Upper East regions have been the worse hit regions in the country during the lockdown in 2020
•Post lockdown period indicates however that there are far more agribusiness firms that remain closed in the Greater Accra Region than in the Ashanti Region
•The negative impact of Ghana’s partial lockdown affected all the 16 regions of Ghana but three regions that stood out were Ashanti Region, Volta Region and Upper East Region
The Member of Parliament for the Tamale Central Constituency in the Northern Region, Ibrahim Mohammed Murtala, has said that the government of the day is handling the Covid-19 pandemic with a lot of lies, ranging from massaging the number of reported cases to the procurement of vaccines to fight the pandemic.
• Ghana has a US$134 million case at the London Commercial Court
• The court has slapped a US$170 million damage on the country
• US$170 million The Court gave reasons that the country went to 'sleep' on the case after the current Attorney General took over the case
Ghana has been disallowed by London’s Commercial Court from bringing a belated challenge to a US$134 million UNCITRAL award in favour of a power contractor.
• The transport minister has said government is committed to channeling more investment into hygrograph data to enhance the nation’s blue economy
• The minister said, as a coastal state, the nation is endowed with marine resources from which it derives enormous benefits
• The nation currently has a standing National Hydrographic and Oceanographic Committee to build its national hydrographic capacity
The Minister for Transport, Kweku Ofori Asiamah, has said that