• The transport minister has said government is committed to channeling more investment into hygrograph data to enhance the nation’s blue economy
• The minister said, as a coastal state, the nation is endowed with marine resources from which it derives enormous benefits
• The nation currently has a standing National Hydrographic and Oceanographic Committee to build its national hydrographic capacity
The Minister for Transport, Kweku Ofori Asiamah, has said that
• Henry Asante Twum believes the GFA is trying its best in dealing with the problem of violence at stadiums• He is of the view that a banning game venues is the farthest the FA can go under the current rules• He spoke in reaction to the Karela United incident
Henry Asante Twum, the Communications Director of the Ghana Football Association has said that the GFA has limited powers in trying to deal with violence at match venues.
The West Africa Examination Council, (WAEC) has rubbished a report by Education think tank, Africa Education Watch on the 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) insisting no questions were leaked from the exam body to students.
• Government has promised to establish one million enterprises across the country• The move is hinged on government's commitment towards industrialization, value addition and job creation• The One District - One Factory initiative was introduced by the Akufo-Addo government in 2017
The Akufo-Addo administration has pledged to establish one million enterprises across the country.
Germany-born Ghanaian international, Steven Foly Mensah has been promoted to the Hamburg SV senior team and could have a role to play for the side next season when they chase promotion to the Bundesliga.
• The NDC and the NPP MP for Techiman South are in court over the 2020 polls
• The NDC is to pay a GH¢4000 fine
• This was reduced from GH¢7000 after the lawyers of the NDC argued against it
A GH¢4000 fine has been slapped on the National Democratic Congress (NDC) by the case management conference of the Techiman South Parliamentary Election petition, by the Wenchi High Court.
Even though the cedi has not depreciated against the US dollar since the beginning of the year, it has started showing signs of weakness, as data published by the Bank of Ghana indicates its gains have begun to slow since the beginning of the year.
• Ghana recorded an export growth of 35% in Gold as at 2019
• This means the country’s economy is growing robustly despite the setbacks of COVID-19
• Exports of goods and services in 2019 for the country was 25,592 million US dollars.
A new focus report produced by the Oxford Business Group (OBG), in partnership with the International Sugar Organization (ISO), explores the potential that Africa’s sugar industry holds for growth on the back of an anticipated rise in regional demand.
The Sekondi High Court in the Western Region of Ghana has ordered the Member of Parliament for Jomoro Constituency, Dorcas Affo-Toffey to produce all valid documents supporting her claim of renouncing her Ivorian citizenship before contesting as a Parliamentary Candidate on the ticket of the National Democratic Congress for the constituency within ten (10) working days.
Ghanaian Lawyer, Wayoe Ghanaman Nti, has hinted that the Chief Justice lodging a complaint against Dominic Ayine post-2020 election petition defeats the principle of criticizing the justice system for a better administration of justice.